Thursday, June 10, 2010

Hospital Volunteering Tip #1

As I'm spending half of my summer volunteering at a pediatric hospital three times a week, I thought some of you would be interested in hearing some of the experiences I'm having there. Most of these do not relate to hearing loss in anyway, but are humorous, heartwarming, or even sad stories that I thought others would be interested in hearing.

"I'm not completely sure where it is...but I'm sure I can find it!"* is never the appropriate response from a volunteer to a mother frantically searching for the ER that her child is in. Especially when said nervous-looking volunteer has been given the responsibility of bringing the mother to the ER.


*I found it about 10 seconds later, after a slight panic. I now know exactly where it is located, thankyouverymuch

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are screened before approval. I will publish any comment as long as you keep it clean and it's not spam!