Sunday, January 20, 2013

Court Rules in Favor of Medical Student with Cochlear Implant

I found this to be really encouraging. The student sued Creighton University for failing to provide CART access and interpreters, forcing him to take out over $100,000 in loans to pay for them himself. Hopefully this will set a precedent for future students with hearing loss in college/medical school/grad school. For more info, here are a few links:

Article Overview

Summary from AG Bell's Website

Detailed (but lengthy) document about the court decision

1 comment:

  1. It's outrageous that the University wouldn't provide the accommodations. Seriously? I'm glad the court sided with the student. Makes me glad my local college is more than happy to provide accommodations without any struggle. Shame on Creighton.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are screened before approval. I will publish any comment as long as you keep it clean and it's not spam!