Saturday, March 9, 2013

4 Years Later- Another Surgery

After changing my mind a ridiculous number of times,  I will be having my left ear reimplanted on Wednesday, 4 years (down to the week) after it was originally implanted. It will be replaced with another Freedom device. Apparently there's a new straight array that new patients are receiving, but they aren't giving it to reimplanted patients (wouldn't want to change things up too much!). This certainly isn't my first choice way of spending Spring Break, but I will be happy to have it all behind me. If all goes well (knock on wood), I am scheduled to be reactivated a week later on March 20th.

Just thought I'd pop in and share the news!

1 comment:

  1. Wow -- I had missed your December post about the onset of device failure -- just went back and read that. I'm sorry you're having to go through this, but I hope the new implant works out well and you adjust to it quickly. I'll be thinking of you and looking for an update when you get a chance. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are screened before approval. I will publish any comment as long as you keep it clean and it's not spam!