Saturday, March 20, 2010

Shameless Promotion/Request

Okay, faithful readers, you always come through when I need you to. Don't fail me now!

As most of you know, I'm assisting with David's Project and I've been pretty involved with the blog and Facebook page (there's a link to it on the right hand side of this blog). I think it's a really great thing, and if you haven't already submitted your story, do it! We're hoping to have the final site up by April 1st. The blog is not the website that we're working on, I realize that's a bit confusing. We've got a site that is currently being worked on by a web designer, and we've also received some great tips and ideas from the wonderful Rachel Chaikof. Her input helped us decide how we (by we, I mean the 5 teens with hearing loss that are helping to build this site) want the website laid out. One thing we've decided that would be absolutely wonderful is to have pictures of people with hearing loss from a variety of backgrounds. We're thinking a slide show of sorts. However, to have that slide show, we need the pictures from somewhere. That's where you come in.

Have any pictures of you, your child, infant, or teenager with hearing loss, and would like them to be featured on this new website? Please send them in!  Important details:
  • You don't have to have a story to send in pictures, and you don't have to have pictures to send in a story, but both are welcome, either alone or separately!
  • If you choose to send in the pictures, you  can send them to me at pinklam94@yahoo.com or directly to David at davidcluff2012@gmail.com,
  • For any pictures you send, we request that you also type or write the following, just to prevent any issues should they come up, 
"I (your name) give permission for my picture to be featured on the website David's Eagle Project"
  I realize typing this seems pretty pointless, but we didn't want to make you sign some long liability/consent contract.I also want to make it clear that there are absolutely no profits being made off of this website, and any pictures you send will be used for the project site, and the project site only. We've got a lot of exciting tricks planned up our sleeve for this website, but it needs participation to be the best it can be! If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact either of us at the emails written in the 2nd bullet point.

Thanks for your help! Don't let me down ;)

3 comments:

  1. Wow , you sure have been busy!I've heard of the Eagle project - sadly I can't help since I'm an adult with hearing loss ( CI ).

    If there's any way to help , let me know via FB if you have it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already responded to Vivie on Facebook,but for those of you who are wondering the same thing:
    the Eagle project is NOT limited to teens or kids. We want stories from people of all ages and backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking through to see if I have anything for you.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are screened before approval. I will publish any comment as long as you keep it clean and it's not spam!